Sunday 8 February 2015

SHOP JOEY x LOVE THREAD





When the time came to launch Shop Joey this summer, we didn't think twice about enlisting the help of our good friend and fashion insider, Angeline from Love Thread blog





Since starting Love Thread in 2011, Angeline has fast become a fashion icon in the West, dominating the scene with her bold & feminine style. Angeline further cemented her status as one of Perth's hottest fashion contributors with her most recent nomination for the 2015 WA Fashion Award for Best Blogger.



From her charming personality, to her incredible sense of style, Angeline embodies the Joey spirit, exuding confidence and spreading love & kindness wherever she goes.

We got to catch up with Angeline to talk fashion and social change. 




Hi Angeline! can you tell us about the story behind Love Thread?
Love Thread originally started as a university project for my Mass Communications degree. Years went by and I didn't think much of it until my friends urged me to pursue it. I’m so grateful that they did! I'm so blessed to have a super awesome, talented and supportive group of friends. Although I don’t see myself as a writer or anything creative, they must have saw something in me. A year on and I've collaborated with the coolest brands and companies around! I can't thank my friends enough!


Through my blog I’m able to live my dream of working in the fashion and media industry. It also serve as a stepping stone of my childhood dream of running my own orphanage or foundation to share love, help and give hope to the destitute in developing countries. Last year I started a side project (@lovethreadproject) which supports non-profit organisations focused on helping children, youth and women at risk. @lovethreadproject aims to support the charities through events, garage sales and all profits from Love Thread blog. My first project was with The Esther Foundation, we raised awareness and much needed funds for young women at risk in my hometown Perth.


How do you like to incorporate jewellery into your daily looks?
My style is quite eclectic, I love to dress up and put together things that may not seem to work. I’m a big fan of mix and matching different kind of accessories, to me the more the merrier. Huge fan of midi rings, statement necklaces, and lots of arm candy. But for a simple day to day look, I always opt for a necklace, it’s a great way to give any outfit a little bit of edge.






What are your style predictions for the upcoming season?

I think the sixties are making a comeback next season, from the baby doll style dresses to arty, psychedelic, vintage prints. Boyfriend style is going to be huge too, which mean anything boyfriend-borrowed ensembles. From slouchy boyfriend jeans, shirts to suits.


Congratulations! @lovethreadproject launched last year and was a massive success. Do you have any upcoming projects? 
We’re going bigger this year. Our next venture for @lovethreadproject is with Flux Lifeground,  a non-profit organisation based in Bali, Indonesia,  aiming to restore hope and dreams for youth through creativity. Together with friends and volunteers from around the world, Flux created and bring a creative haven to Balinese kids through art, music, food and media workshops. They also bring their talents to remote villages in Indonesia to bring joy and hope to kids (some have never even seen a foreigner before!) through creative workshops. They’re doing incredible work and I’m excited for Love Thread to partner with them this year. Our aim is to raise awareness of the program and inspire our creative Perth/Australian friends to roll up their sleeves and help out by either by running a workshop or sharing about their artistic endeavours. To find out more about Flux Lifegrounds visit www.fluxlifeground.org

Thank you so much for sharing with Shop Joey. We had an absolute blast working with you and can't wait to see where 2015 takes you!






Be sure to check out www.lovethread.com.au for Angeline's take on what's trending. 

Love 
SJ x