Tuesday 28 April 2015

SHOP JOEY x FRILLY SKIRTS


Meet our latest Joey Girl Camille, the Australian Filipino sweetheart winning over the fashion blogosphere with her ultra feminine style and down to earth personality. 


Known by her follower for her seriously cute outfits and keen eye for capturing life in colour, Camille represents real girls living in the fashion world. A place where what's trending isn't as important as staying true to yourself, and letting your style evolve organically. 

We got to catch up with Camille just before her Australian Fashion Week debut.


Hi Camille! We're so excited to have you as our latest brand ambassador. You've been on a pretty incredible journey since you started blogging 5 years ago, how did it all started?
My boyfriend took up portrait photography as a hobby and was using me as his subject to practice. I used to be a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl and my boyfriend wanted to practice more creative photos using movement and lighting which is difficult when wearing Dickies tees and a pair of flared Lee denims on a daily basis. In order to practice the shot he wanted to achieve, he became in most part, my stylist and encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone and find my style. He took me shopping, eventually helping me find a part of myself in the process as well as an outlet to express some creativity. My friends had personal blogs at the time and inspired me to start my own blog. As I started blogging, the requests of posting more fashion and style related posts started flowing and FrillySkirts was born. I never knew I had a passion for fashion and blogging without the encouragement from my boyfriend and friends. They helped me find a creative outlet and find myself and what makes me happy.

We adore the way you style all your outfits, can you describe your style?
My personal style is very dainty, feminine and classical. I always use what I have dubbed my "five year rule" where I would look at what I'm wearing and ask if in five years' time, would I still wear it and if in five years' time I had kids that were opinionated, what would they allow me to wear it.



Of all the outfits you've styled, which is your favourite fashion moment to date? 
Discovering my love of frilly skirts. My blog name came about when a friend noticed that I wore lots of frilly skirts and nicknamed me "frillyskirts" and it stuck. It's been my go-to item and my fail-safe option.




If you could switch wardrobes with someone for the day who would it be and why? It's so difficult to just choose one person as there are so many people out there I gather inspiration from however if I had the option of switching wardrobes with, it would definitely be Diane Kruger. She is the epitome of classical beauty with a wardrobe that will cater to the "one day I'll wear that dress" moments and a great collection of casual and chic tops, bottoms and dresses that you can mix, match and layer with. I love how her looks are effortless and isn't afraid of dressing up as well as down.

What's your favourite type of jewellery?
Midi Rings! I'm a huge fan of stacking rings together with midi rings in all colours. It helps take away from my skinny, alien-looking fingers and have them appear more dainty and feminine.


Wearing Leaf Ear Cuff, Twisted Arrow Ring, Camilla Midi Ring


What's your top 5 must have items for Autumn/Winter 2015? 
This is a tough one but this has been my rule for Autumn/Winter for the past 2 years and it's been working for me so here it goes:

  1. Wine lip colour. I love the colour of wine lips and after wearing so much nude and bright pink shades through Spring/Summer, it's a good change.
  2. Prints. I like wearing floral and geometric prints during Autumn/Winter months and I love pairing them with plain and textured items.
  3. Textures. I love textured items of clothing, whether it be a fluffy knit, leather or lace, I try to incorporate textures in my looks. I also love challenging myself and mixing the textures with printed items of clothing.
  4.  Light Colours. I know, it's usually something people wear during the warmer months but during Autumn/Winter months, I tend to stay away from wearing black by wearing light denim and pastel colours.
  5. A pair of good boots. I always get excited for wet and cool weather because your boots can come out to play. 


     Thanks so much Camille for chatting with us. We're so happy to have you on board and can't wait to see how you style our pieces. 


Follow Camille and her blog Frilly Skirts
Instagram @frillyskirts
Twitter @frillyskirts
Facebook /frillyskirts.net